Thursday, March 11, 2010

El Quetzal Issue 11: 1 Akb'al


Trecena of 1 Akb'al
March 10:1Akb'al
March 11:2Kan
March 12:3Chicchan
March 13:4Cimi
March 14:5Manik'
March 15:6Lamat
March 16:7Muluc
March 17:8Oc
March 18:9Chuen
March 19:10Eb
March 20:11Ben
March 21:12Ix
March 22:13Men
The Trecena of Potential

The fifteenth trecena of the Sacred Tzolk’in is ruled by Akb’al. This is the realm of Night, of the great deep Void where nothing yet exists and all potential dwells. This is the place where all things begin, where all roads commence, where all thoughts germinate.

Honor the sacred seed within your soul, sink into the profound, pregnant silence and release all earthly stresses, pressures and deadlines. For here, time has no sway. Here, all simply is and will be. Here, the core cells of nascent life of everything shimmer, bathed in an inner peace that has neither beginning nor end, holding within the possibility to become anything and to be everything.

It is really a matter of choice, of acceptance, and of letting go. Choose which path you will follow, which direction in life to take, which aspects of your soul to let bloom. Accept those choices and the responsibilities that come therewith. Accept them fully and completely. Respect them and respect yourself.

Finally, let go of toxic emotions, desires and attitudes that would fracture the path you have chosen to walk upon. Remember that fulfilling your potential is both the toughest and the simplest thing you’ll ever do.

Join us on the daily journeys of each Trecena, online at Facebook and Twitter.


John Payne's Mayan Calendar Story

In the last issue of El Quetzal, we announced a series of personal stories from you, our readers. With this issue, we are delighted to present the first in this series, a short narrative from one of the most active members of our community, John Payne. Enjoy!

My Mayan day sign is 4 Cib. 4 is the tone for Stability, the 4 directions of orientation—height, length, depth, and breadth; and Cib is the sun sign for Wisdom, the Owl.

I pay specific attention to the direction of depth. Depth is the 4th dimension and level of consciousness of the Mayan Calendar. I consider that to be a highly visionary direction. My life and my thoughts are very visionary in plan and in practice. I try to look forward into the future and bring it back to today and plan my life in balance with what I have seen in the future. I look for the right path to follow to get me there with the guidance of my day sign—stability and the Owl.

It has been 2-3 years that I have studied and followed the Mayan Calendar in depth. My understanding of the 4th dimension has allowed me so much more freedom in my thought processes. It has now given me a path in which to follow to find the 5th dimension and level of consciousness—my center point. It is my center point that has eluded me for some many years, and now that I have the Mayan Calendar to guide me I feel I will find this point very soon. I certainly strive to do that daily by practicing being a visionary. My day sign, and each daily energy sign, combine to show me the path.

I find that the Mayan Calendar allows me to be very introspective, and understanding not only of myself but those around me, and those around them. My communication levels have increased substantially and substantively, and with great humility, with everyone.

—John Payne, Chicago, Illinois, United States


Interested in submitting a Mayan Calendar story of your own to El Quetzal? Here are the basic requirements: the limit is 250 words; the stories should be in good English (please check for spelling and grammar) and should have a single, focused point.
It can be a story about any aspect of life, and the role that the Tzolk’in plays therein. You can talk about a revelation or an unusual change you experienced, or simply the everyday, the practical, the way that you experience the sun signs, or the questions and doubts you have. To submit your story, simply email it to us.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your thoughts about this post!

Aztec Calendar Gadget